WANTED: Applications for Richmond Area Chapter’s Teachers as Readers Grant
Are there children’s books or a professional book that you want to read, but don’t want to have to buy? RAC has the solution for you – apply for our Teachers as Readers grant!
A few years ago, one of the awards went to a teacher who applied to read and discuss award winning children’s books with a group of teachers at her school. Other teachers have proposed reading outstanding professional texts and have received a grant.
The Richmond Area Chapter is pleased to offer two grants for groups of teachers to purchase, read, and discuss children’s literature or professional books that further literacy instruction. One $250 grant will be awarded to a group from an elementary school, and one $250 grant will be awarded to a middle or high school group. Applications must be submitted digitally.
- Applicant must be a member of RAC.
- Groups must consist of 5 or more participants.
- Discussion group must meet 4 times (or more) from May through August 2022. Meetings can be virtual or in person.
- Copies of receipts for books purchased or a purchase order from the publisher must be submitted to the Grant Chairperson by July 1, 2022.
- Group leader must submit dates met, a list of participants, and a brief summary of the discussions to the Grant Chairperson by September 1, 2022.
- Grants will be announced by April 15, 2022.
Apply here: Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are now closed.
Deadline to apply: