Teachers as Readers Grant
Is there a professional book or children’s literature that you want to read, but don’t want to have to buy? The Richmond Area Chapter has the solution for you – apply for our Teachers as Readers grant! The Richmond Area Chapter is pleased to offer two grants for groups of teachers to purchase, read, and discuss children’s literature or professional books that further literacy instruction. One $250 grant will be awarded to a group from an elementary school, and one $250 grant will be awarded to a middle or high school group. Applications must be submitted digitally.
- Applicant must be a member of the VSLA Richmond Area Chapter. https://www.vsra.org/whyjoin
- Groups must consist of 5 or more participants.
- Discussion group must meet at least 4 times from May through August 2021.
- Copies of receipts for books purchased must be submitted to the Grant Chairperson by July 1, 2021.
- Group leader must submit dates met, a list of participants, and a brief summary of the discussions to the Grant Chairperson by September 1, 2021.
- Grants will be announced by April 16, 2021
Questions? Please contact Caroline Head at email@example.com.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/ReyHbYr5h48tSKDdA
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2021